Chatbots have become one of the hottest trends in businesses over the past two years. From medicine to technology and e-commerce businesses to other industrial branches such as manufacturing, self-learning chatbots are making things simpler. Statista says the chatbot market will reach 450 million dollars in 2027. Although chatbots were predicted to shape customer service, it wasn’t expected that the trend would catch fire so much.
The pandemic in 2019 accelerated the concept when millions of businesses joined e-commerce, and their number of customers grew exponentially. Since then, the trend has experienced rapid growth and is taking marketing by storm. Marketers are looking for ways to leverage this new technology to stay one step ahead of their competitors.
Today, businesses invest in chatbots as an essential business strategy to bring about efficient business growth. But the question is, how can you make the most of a chatbot for your business? Do customers notice chatbots? Do they trust them? What’s the best way to attract customers with a chatbot? How can e-commerce businesses benefit from chatbots? What statistics should you know? All these questions and many more will be answered today.
So buckle up as we take you for a ride into the world of chatbots and AI.
1) Chatbot Usage Statistics
The use of chatbots is on the rise. Businesses both large and small are using chatbots to provide quick customer service, increase sales, automate marketing tasks, deliver personalized content, and much more.
Here are the statistics that prove the popularity of chatbots:
- More than 60% of millennials say they have interacted with chatbots, and most of them say they are happy with the positive experience. It means chatbots are getting more popular.
- Business executives say chatbots have brought significant change to their business with minimal staff and time. Chatbots can be a great way to make your staff more productive.
- Major businesses like Starbucks, eBay, Groupon, and more announced that they invested in their own chatbots in 2020.
- 80% of the total customers find chatbots a great way to get their issues sorted quickly. They had a very positive experience with chatbots. It means chatbots can help you win your customers.
2) Stats about Chatbots for Ecommerce Businesses
If you are an e-commerce business, using a chatbot on your website can be extremely useful. It can help you provide personalized customer service in a flash and even help you in sales. On an e-commerce website, chatbots are beneficial when it comes to suggesting and recommending products. The following are the stats that should convince you that it would be smart for e-commerce businesses to invest in chatbot technology. Should you think about adding a chatbot to your e-commerce store?
Let’s find out here!
- More than 1.4 billion people prefer to use messaging apps. Customers will likely use chatbots to contact you or ask for help instead of calling your call center, which can be very time-consuming.
- There were more than 300,000 chatbots on Messenger in 2020, and the numbers have multiplied several times since then.
- More than 58% of businesses that use chatbots are B2B, which means investing in chatbots for B2B can be an excellent decision.
- Approximately 5 million people use messaging apps each month, which means leveraging chatbots will be an excellent way to tackle the increased customer traffic.
- Businesses can get a 30% better ROI with messenger bots since they are available 24×7.
- According to research, chatbots can generate a 35% to 40% better response rate than human agents. It means chatbots are excellent when it comes to customer service.
- Since chatbots can help you with upselling, cart recovery, product recommendations, and personalized customer service, Juniper research found that transactions with AI-chatbots will reach 112 billion by 2023.
- Chatbot magazine found that if you send a message to customers who just abandoned the cart, the chance of them coming back to complete their purchase will increase by 7% to 25%.
3) Stats about Chatbots for Marketing
Chatbots can also be used for specific marketing purposes. Every chatbot is capable of different functions and can help you reach out to your customers in a number of ways. Chatbots can be used for customer service, sales, marketing automation, transaction processing, direct response marketing, etc. How can you use chatbots for marketing?
Let’s find out here!
- According to Juniper Research, businesses that use chatbots for marketing their products and services to customers will save $8 billion by the end of 2022. It means chatbots are the perfect answer to high customer service costs. The per-customer cost saves $0.70 per customer interaction.
- Another research found that if businesses invest in chatbots, they can save 2.5 billion hours by 2023 that would have otherwise been used for tasks such as customer service. In short, chatbots may cost a few bucks, but they save time in return.
- 55% of businesses that invest in marketing via chatbots can generate more high-quality leads.
- At least 23% of organizations use AI-powered chatbots for personalized on-site messaging on their websites.
4) Chatbots for Customer Service
According to the latest study by Oberlo, there are more than 2 billion worldwide digital buyers. It means stellar customer service is a must. Customer service is required 24/7, and chatbots can be a great way to provide that support because they take only minutes to create and deploy. It saves time and money for business owners.
Here are the statistics that prove that chatbots can save you both:
- 2019 saw a significant increase of 25% in using chatbots for customer service. Now the numbers have multiplied by several times.
- Research by IM found that businesses spend 1.3 trillion dollars, which could be reduced by 30% if they invest in chatbots.
- Salesforce found that 64% of the total customer agents get more time to solve complex complaints and queries when they use chatbots. It means chatbots could save you time by helping your agents with simple customer service cases.
- Another study by Outgrow says more than 55% of customers prefer to text business instead of calling. They find it more effective than calling, which means chatbots can be added to your customer service team without upsetting the clients.
- Userlike held a survey where they found that customers are happy with chatbots’ responsiveness. To be more precise, 67% of customers feel better about your business when you provide excellent customer service with the help of chatbots.
How Can You Leverage These Chatbot Statistics?
Chatbots have been on the rise, and more organizations use them for customer service. In short, chatbots can be a great way to improve your business without adding too much overhead. If you are an e-commerce business, have healthcare products, or any other business that requires customer service, chatbots can be a great way to serve customers.
In fact, 73% of the healthcare tasks would be completed by AI solutions in 2022. That means chatbots will become more common, and you could use one for your business to be ahead of the competition. The best part about chatbots is that they are inexpensive. You don’t need to hire additional staff or spend on more equipment. All you need to do is choose a good chatbot solution, and everything else will be taken care of.
Clepher – AI Chatbot Platform
Clepher – AI Chatbot solution is an affordable way to use chatbots. The best part about Clepher is that it integrates with top platforms like Facebook Messenger, website, and Slack. It doesn’t end here. You can also use Clepher to create chatbots for your e-commerce store, call center, help desk, etc. It is an affordable solution that comes with 24/7 support.
To conclude, chatbots have become a reality. Chatbots are the best solution if you have been looking for a way to provide better customer service. These stats prove chatbots can save both time and money, so it’s a win-win for you. In fact, chatbots are becoming more and more important in tons of business areas.
Whether you are looking for a way to automate your social media postings or speed up lead generation through chatbots, Clepher is the best solution.